I hope this blog has expressed that quote. In essence, I wanted to be able to appreciate each day as it came, to remember, recognise and retell the memories that were made and which, in turn, made my year.
Words from another, conjure images created by the reader. A photo places that reader in the moment, it depicts the location and provides a snapshot of what was. What a picture doesn’t do is tell the reader how to feel or what to think; only words can do that. I hope my photo each day, along with few or many words achieved this.
I end this year with a few things:
– a renewed sense of gratitude
– a love of Gilmore Girls
– an inspiration
– a passport with 7 new stamps; 7 new countries
– a new drink of choice depending on the time of day – coffee or gin and lemonade
– an appreciation of foreign languages and cultures
– a broken arm
– an unwavering and unconditional love of my family and friends
– 366 memories of 2016
As I sign off on 366 days of a photo, a comment, an essay, a confession, I want to say thank you. Thank you for reading, for sharing in my memories and for taking each day as it came with me.